Nov 20, 2011

SteamPunk

My friend Ian Finch-Fields has had some recent notoriety in the press for his Steampunk designs.

I kept meaning to send him a high resolution version of the image of Andrew Merpaw from Sept 28th, but other things kept cropping up. Yesterday I sat down and said, 'I am going to find that photo and email it to Ian.' When I dug into my harddrive I discovered the other image that I took of Andrew and though, 'why haven't I edited this?'

Three hours of editing and an accidental reboot of the computer later, I had a new image highlighting Ian's talents as a craftsman and Steampunk Master.

Then I managed find an article that talked about how you KNOW when you've arrived. With the recent controversy over Ian's work for Justin Bieber's upcoming Christmas Video, I thought he needed a pick-me-up. The article says how when you've arrived, you'll have haters, and the recent fame and attention has brought the haters to Ian's door.

No comments:

Post a Comment